👋 Hey there! Yeah, you. The
[insert non-technical job here] who's got a call tomorrow with an important prospect or perhaps an interview for a new gig. Listen, I know that with each passing day at work, you feel yourself flailing in a sea of alphabet soup, trying to decipher the strange language you keep hearing from the engineering team. You're in Oz, and I'm gonna show you behind the curtain.
🏄♀️ Surf The Seas of Alphabet Soup
You may feel like you're drowning, but I'm here to show you that you can totally surf. Today's your lucky day, and we're going to start to pull back the curtain on the pieces that make up most modern web applications.
We'll take an approach of progressive revelation to build up your understanding of some of the technology that exists out there, and most importantly, why it exists out there. This will be an expedition of adventure through various levels...like a video game, but with shittier graphics and a lot more reading. But stick with it, as each level will build on itself until you are equipped to unlock the mysteries of the internet.
There's a lot to cover, time is of the essence, and half of these web technologies may not be cool anymore by the time we get done. That was a joke. Relax. Breathe. You've got this. Probably.
More in this series
Let's get to crackin'...
- Level 0: 👈 YOU ARE HERE
- Level 2: Frontend Frameworks - Building blocks for your wildest dreams
- Level 3: APIs, REST, and GraphQL, Oh My!
- Level 4: Server-Side Languages - With great power comes great responsibility
- Level 5: Server-Side Frameworks - Trust me, you don't wanna write this crap from scratch.
- Level 6: Databases - Your Excel sheet in the sky.
- Level 7: How to internet - Domains & DNS, Hosting, The Cloud™, & Serverless
- Level 8: Authentication and Authorization - House keys vs. giving your neighbors a temporary combination to your garage.
- Level 9: Content Management Systems - A fill-in-the-blank adventure!
- Level 10: Working With Engineers: Happiness, Agile, and Git
- Level 11: Working With Engineers: Time, Team Chemistry and Van Halen
- Level 12: Working With Engineers Tracer Bullets, Team Sizes, and Making Space.